Blackout Entertainment Terms and Conditions
For the sale of experiences, gift vouchers and merchandise at Blackout Escape Rooms.
All experiences are sold subject to availability and to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions should be read prior to purchase as purchasing an experience constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
BOOKING & ADMITTANCE
- A valid name and booking reference number must be produced by the organiser to gain entrance to any game experience. Failure to produce a valid name and reference number may result in a customer being removed from the premises.
- All bookings must be made by a person over the age of 16 years.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to contact Blackout Entertainment if your booking confirmation is lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged. Replacement experiences may be issued at the discretion of the company for certain Escape Rooms, but it is not possible to issue replacement experiences for all games, e.g., where there is a possibility that the licensed capacity of the room may be compromised or the desired time slot is unavailable.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check all the details on their booking confirmation. Blackout Entertainment will make reasonable endeavours to correct mistakes if brought to the attention of the company’s admin team prior to the experience. Although, it may not always be possible to correct mistakes. In certain circumstances, an experience may need to be cancelled. The company will endeavour to contact all customers in this event. However, please note that it is the customer’s responsibility to ascertain whether the experience has been cancelled or rescheduled. In the event of a cancellation, Blackout Entertainment will not be responsible for costs for accommodation, travel or subsistence.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to arrive 10 minutes before your game start time to register your arrival by staff and receive a necessary health and safety brief.
- If you are going to be late for any reason it is your responsibility to call us (0800 4717 666) as this may impact the proceeding schedule for the day.
CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
- If you are later than 10 minutes Blackout Entertainment reserves the right to start your game time whether you are present or not. If you are 20 minutes late Blackout Entertainment reserves the right to cancel your booking with no refund.
- Blackout Entertainment reserves the right to refuse admission to a Customer, or to eject them from the building at any point, if in the company’s reasonable opinion the customer: is acting in a threatening or aggressive manner; uses threatening, abusive or insulting language; appears to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs; may be a risk to the safety of staff, performers or other visitors; may detract from the enjoyment of other customers; fails, when required, to produce proof of identity, age or entitlement to a third party experience; fails to comply with instructions given by the escape room staff; or is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions or statutory law.
- No refunds will be given to customers who are refused entry or ejected due to their behaviour as suggested in, but not limited to, the examples shown above.
- Conditions of entry include any or all requirements outlined regarding the most recent COVID-19 procedures.
- The company reserves the right to refuse readmission to the building. If customers wish to re-enter the the building, they must check with the on-site staff before they exit.
- Blackout Entertainment reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which, in the reasonable opinion of the escape room staff, may cause danger or disruption to the game experience or other customers.
- The company will make all reasonable efforts to forewarn customers if stroboscopic lighting may be used in the event. Customers with known medical conditions who may be susceptible to such lighting effects are recommended to seek further advice.
- Anyone under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 when on the premises. Anyone under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 at all times.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited in the building (except for guide dogs, hearing dogs and registered assistance dogs) without the express prior permission of the business. Smoking and vaping is strictly prohibited in the building.
- All experience holders will be able to book for a maximum of 6 people in one room to ensure customers get the best game experience possible. The room capacity will not exceed more than 6 players in any experience to ensure safety of all customers and staff.
CANCELLATIONS, EXCHANGES & REFUNDS
- Experiences cannot be refunded after purchase unless cancelled on behalf of Blackout Entertainment due to unforeseen circumstances unrelated to COVID-19.
- Blackout Entertainment reserve the right to NOT offer a refund following any escalations in government advice surrounding COVID-19. In this circumstance, customers will be compensated with a voucher worth the total value of the original booking.
- The company may charge a rescheduling fee to cover staff costs and company losses. If your booking is changed with less 24hrs notice and the original booking was scheduled for a weekday the rescheduling fee will be £20 and for a weekend the fee will be £40.
- Refunds shall only be made to the person who purchased the experience and, where possible, by the same method used to purchase the experience. When it is not possible to refund via the same payment method the business reserves the right to request additional identification or documentation to ensure the money is returned to the correct person.
- In the case of a cancelled experience on behalf of the business, customers will be offered a voucher worth the total value of their original booking. Should the customer not wish to accept this then a full refund for the face value of the booking and any associated booking fees will be issued.
- Blackout Escape Rooms reserves the right to cancel experiences which they reasonably suspect to have been booked fraudulently, which exceed any advertised limits on the quantity that a person/household can buy, or which they suspect to have been resold, or attempted to be resold, for financial gain. Any applicable restrictions on the quantity of players that can be purchased will be made clear at the time of booking.
- Experience prices are subject to change. Blackout Entertainment reserves the right to change the prices per player and/or introduce discounts/special offers which cannot be retrospectively applied to experiences already purchased.
- All discounts/special offers are offered subject to availability and therefore certain experiences may not always be available at all advertised prices.
- Special offers and discounts are offered on an individual basis and cannot be used in conjunction with one another. If a customer is eligible for multiple discounted rates then they will receive the cheapest singularly discounted price, not a cumulatively reduced price.
PROHIBITIONS & VISITOR CONSENT
- The unauthorised resale, or attempted resale, of an experience is prohibited. Blackout Entertainment reserves the right to cancel bookings which it reasonably suspects as being offered for unauthorised resale.
- Unless prior written consent is obtained from Blackout Entertainment, experiences may not be combined with hospitality, travel, accommodation, merchandise and/or any other product or service to create a package deal to sell for commercial gain.
- The use of equipment to record or transmit audio and/or visual material inside the building is strictly forbidden unless otherwise stated by management.
- Unauthorised recordings, tapes, films, or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed. Any recording made in breach of these conditions shall belong to Blackout Entertainment. The company will not be liable for the loss, theft, or damage to confiscated items.
- By attending, customers give their consent to filming, photography and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience. The company will own the copyright of such material and may use such films/photographs/recordings for any purpose, including commercial purposes, without payment or further notification.
- Mobile telephones, messaging equipment and all similar personal electronic equipment must be switched off during the game experience unless otherwise instructed.
- Customers who do not comply and disrupt the enjoyment of the experience for other customers may be ejected from the premises without refund.
- The smoking of cigarettes and use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited inside the premises. Customers who do not comply may be ejected from the premises without refund.
- Gift vouchers can only be redeemed in full to purchase experiences. This can be done by telephone or via the company’s website.
- Gift vouchers expire two years after the purchase date. Expired vouchers cannot be redeemed or refunded. The expiry date is clearly printed on all vouchers.
- Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-refundable from the date of purchase.
- All purchases are subject to acceptance and product availability. The company will not be liable for disappointment or other losses suffered due to product unavailability. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the prices maintained, we expressly reserve the right to amend the price having regard to any increase in our suppliers’ prices, the imposition of new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong.
- You may elect to obtain a refund if the goods, are damaged, faulty, or do not comply with the description of the goods you purchased.
- Blackout Entertainment retains ownership of the goods until we have received payment from you in full.
- Blackout Entertainment will not be responsible for any injury or loss, theft or damage of customer’s personal belongings, other than that caused as a result of negligence or other breach of statutory duty by the businesses personnel.
- Personal arrangements, including but not limited to, travel, accommodation and subsistence relating to the experience are made entirely at the customer’s own risk and the company shall not be liable for any losses incurred from these arrangements.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to exclude any liability of the business for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and any disputes which may arise with the business are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- You are advised to print and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions.